AGI is committed to fulfilling all obligations as a responsible industry leader. The intent of this document is to clearly communicate the refund and cancellation policy before enrolment in our courses.
1. AGI Responsibilities
- Treat all refund applications equally and fairly on a case by case basis.
- All decisions will take into account education disadvantage and hardship experienced by the student.
- AGI will have an appointed “review officer” to undertake reviews of decisions if required.
- Ensure that this policy and procedure document is available on the AGI website.
2. Initial Discussion - Pre Enrolment
- Prior to enrolment students will have access to the refund and cancellation procedures so they can make informed decisions.
3. Withdrawal or Cancellation from a Course of Study
- A student who wishes to withdraw from a course must do so in writing. Student must include the following information:
- Students Name, Address and Contact details
- Course of study being undertaken
- Reasons for cancellation.
2. All cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Students will be automatically cancelled from their current enrolment if:
- do not commence their course on the scheduled commencement date and do not communicate with AGI or trainer within a one month period to request a deferral
- do not have registered activity within the student learning platform for more than three months and do not communicate with AGI or trainer as requested.
4. Refunds for students who are eligible for Certificate 3 Guarantee funding (co-contribution fee)
- A student who wishes to withdraw from a course before commencement date will have 100% of the co-contribution fees refunded upon written notification of cancellation
- A student who wishes to withdraw from a course after commencement date will receive a refund of the co-contribution fee for any units not commenced prior to written notification of cancellation
5. Refunds for Students who are Fee for Service
- A student who wishes to withdraw from a course before commencement date will have 90% of the tuition fees refunded.
- A student who wishes to withdraw from a course after commencement date will not be eligible for a refund.
- Students who are cancelled as per procedure 3.3 (above), will not be eligible for a refund.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
- In cases of hardship or other circumstances beyond the control of the student, a decision will be made on a case by case basis.
6. Refund for services not provided
If AGI cancels a course (except in the circumstances outlined in procedure 3.3 above), students are entitled to a refund without written application and the following will apply:
- Full refund: If AGI cancels a program before it commences, a full refund of tuition and non-tuition fees will be made within 2 weeks of the course being cancelled.
- Pro Rata (during the course): If AGI is unable to complete a program once it has started but before it is complete, a refund of any unused portion of the tuition fees paid in advance will be made within 2 weeks of the date the course stopped being provided.
7. Payment of Refunds
- Students applying for a refund must complete the cancellation/refund request form available from administration and email it to email@example.com
- Student refunds will be paid within 28 days of written notice of refund.