What personal information do we collect?
We collect information such as name, date of birth, contact details, citizenship and residency status, educational and employment background.
Why we collect your personal information
As a registered training organisation (RTO), we collect your personal information so we can process and manage your enrolment in a vocational education and training (VET) course with us.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to enable us to deliver VET courses to you, and otherwise, as needed, to comply with our obligations as an RTO.
How we disclose your personal information
We are required by law (under the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (Cth) (NVETR Act)) to disclose the personal information we collect about you to the National VET Data Collection kept by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). The NCVER is responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics about the Australian VET sector.
We are also authorised by law (under the NVETR Act) to disclose your personal information to the relevant state or territory training authority.
How the NCVER and other bodies handle your personal information
The NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the NVETR Act. Your personal information may be used and disclosed by NCVER for purposes that include populating authenticated VET transcripts; administration of VET; facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage; and understanding the VET market.
The NCVER is authorised to disclose information to the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE), Commonwealth authorities, State and Territory authorities (other than registered training organisations) that deal with matters relating to VET and VET regulators for the purposes of those bodies, including to enable:
- administration of VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation
- facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information
The NCVER may also disclose personal information to persons engaged by NCVER to conduct research on NCVER’s behalf.
The NCVER does not intend to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients.
If you would like to seek access to or correct your information, in the first instance, please contact AGI.
DESE is authorised by law, including the Privacy Act and the NVETR Act, to collect, use and disclose your personal information to fulfil specific functions and activities. For more information about how the DESE will handle your personal information, please refer to the DESE VET Privacy Notice at https://www.dese.gov.au/national-vet-data/vet-privacy-notice.
You may receive a student survey which may be run by a government department or an NCVER employee, agent, third-party contractor or another authorised agency. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
At any time, you may contact Australian Global Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- request access to your personal information
- correct your personal information
- make a complaint about how your personal information has been handled
- ask a question about this Privacy Notice
AGI Privacy Statement
The Queensland Government allocates funding for participants to undertake qualifications under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program. Australian Global Institute (AGI) has been approved to deliver training and assessment for qualifications which eligible participants will be entitled to undertake under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program. The personal information you provide will be collected and used by AGI for the purpose of:
- assessing your eligibility for the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program;
- if you are eligible to participate in the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program, all aspects of enrolment, administration and delivery of the qualification;
- advising your Provider and/or Employer (if applicable) of your participation and attendance in training.
AGI may also collect and disclose your personal information to the Queensland Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) and other Australian Government agencies for the purposes of:
- confirming your eligibility for participation in this program;
- confirming that you have enrolled in an approved qualification;
- confirming your completion, non-completion or withdrawal from an approved qualification;
- monitoring the service given by AGI to you and your satisfaction with the program;
- general administration of the program.
AGI may also disclose your personal information to another person, body or agency without your consent where authorised or required by law.
PO Box 6081, Upper Mount Gravatt
Queensland, Australia 4122
2/537 Kessels Road (located in Crank Sports)
Macgregor, Queensland, 4109
Phone: 07 3096 0566
Mobile: 04 5044 3415
Course Inquiries: email@example.com