About this course
If you are the type of person who loves the outdoors and you want to improve your outdoor skills, AGI’s Sport and Recreation course has been designed with you in mind. The Certificate 3 Guarantee gives eligible individuals the opportunity to complete AGI's Certificate III in Sport and Recreation with most the training cost subsidised by the Queensland Government.
So don’t just get Certified, Get Qualified & Get great Value
What do you get with your qualification
- Reduced costs towards your PADI SCUBA Course with our dive provider
- Nationally recognised Qualification
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Certificate
- Greater recognition, Greater job, career and further educational opportunities and pathways.
- Government funding availability making this the best opportunity for affordable diving education in Queensland (eligibility applies).
- Flexibility to choose the highest quality diver trainng in the Industry in the best locations.
What’s the cost?
Without Certificate 3 Guarantee funding: Fee for service
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation $2600 (price varies to skill sets & location)
- PADI Openwater, Advanced or Rescue SCUBA Course approx cost $700 depending location
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid $160 or HLTAID007 Advanced Resuscitation $140
With Certificate 3 Guarantee funded by the Queensland Government:
SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation-scuba skill sets
Co-contribution fee $20 per unit, 15 units so total you pay for the training cost is $300! this includes:
- Openwater diver (beginner international certification) or
- Advanced Openwater diver (master different dive environments) or
- Rescue diver (build confidence and prerequisite for leadership)
Co-contribution concession fee $5 per unit (must provide evidence of holding concession card)
To check eligibility you will need to complete the Certificate funding eligibility form located in our enroll now page. If eligible and you wish to enroll we would require documents to support your eligibility, a list of documents and eligibility forms are located on our how to enroll page and further information is available at the Queensland Government training websitehttp://www.training.qld.gov.au. Please note completion of qualification may affect further Certificate 3 Guarantee funding opportunities.
Diving Courses: Contact AGI for further diving information!
Certificate III in Sport and Recreation course description:
This qualification reflects the multi-skilled role of individuals in the sport or recreation industry. These individuals are competent in a range of activities and functions requiring autonomous work within a defined range of situations and environments. This program develops a sound foundation with industry operational knowledge and builds on that sound base with exciting SCUBA skills set development.
Generally people with this qualification may work fitness centres, sporting complexes, leisure, aquatic and recreation centres such as a PADI professional diving centre worldwide.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification however PADI course prerequisites may exist and pre-dive fitness requirements, these will be assessed by your local AGI facility.
Duration: The normal duration of this program is 3 to 6 months, however program lengths will vary to students own self-study commitment and training plan arrangements including full-time training practical component. Program delivery consists of knowledge development including face to face and self-paced learning (online, workbooks, PADI SCUBA learning) and practical skill development conducted face to face in facility and in water. As our course learning content and assessments are written to facilitate and maximise a diving outcome, a number of our units commence and run along with the PADI diving component. This clustering produces excellent outcomes for the student that industry requires and also reduces duplication and time frames.
This qualification consists of 15 units, 9 core and 3 mandatory elective units that build the fundamental knowledge plus 3 diving elective units that make your classroom the underwater world and teach you exciting diving skills in great diving locations from Cairns to the Gold Coast.
Plus our 3 mandatory electives
Select 1 of the following streams with 3 electives
Stream 1: Openwater diver
Stream 2: Advanced Openwater (prerequisite Openwater diver)
Stream 3: Rescue Diver (prerequisite Openwater diver)
What to do now - Get Certified, Get Qualified!
- Check your eligibility for government funding Complete the eligibility application form on the how to enroll page,
- Happy Diving!