About this course
If you are the type of person who loves the outdoors and you want to improve your outdoor skills, AGI’s Sport and Recreation course has been designed with you in mind. The Certificate 3 Guarantee gives eligible individuals the opportunity to complete AGI's Certificate III in Sport and Recreation with most the training cost subsidised by the Queensland Government.
So don’t just get Certified, Get Qualified & Get great Value
What do you get with your qualification
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation Nationally recognised Qualification
- Greater recognition, Greater job, career and further educational opportunities and pathways.
- Nationally recognised First Aid Certificate.
- Government funding availability making this the best opportunity for affordable diving education in Queensland (eligibility applies).
- Flexibility to choose the highest quality diver training in the Industry in the best locations.
What’s the cost?
Without Certificate 3 Guarantee funding: Fee for service
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation cost is $2,600.00, ($900.00 deposit paid on enrolment, balance to be paid according to the fees and charges schedule provided during the enrolment process)
- PADI Open water, Advanced or Rescue SCUBA Course approx cost $700 depending on location
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid $160 or HLTAID007 Advanced Resuscitation $140
With Certificate 3 Guarantee funded by the Queensland Government:
Co-contribution fee $20 per unit, 15 units total is $300
Co-contribution concession fee $5 per unit (must provide evidence of holding concession card)
- Open water diver (beginner international certification) training cost or
- Advanced Open water diver (master different dive environments) training cost or
- Rescue diver (build confidence and prerequisite for leadership) training cost
Fees are charged, invoiced and paid directly to AGI as you commence the units according to your training plan
Certificate 3 Guarantee funding criteria: Australian/New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents (or on pathway to permanent residency) who are Queensland residents not holding a Certificate III or higher qualification and not currently enrolled in another qualification.
To check eligibility, you will need to complete an Eligibility application form. If eligible and you wish to enrol, we would require documents to support your eligibility, a list of documents and the eligibility form are located on our how to enrol page and further information is available at the Queensland Government training website and relevant fact sheets
This qualification reflects the multi-skilled role of individuals in the sport or recreation industry. These individuals are competent in a range of activities and functions requiring autonomous work within a defined range of situations and environments. This program develops a sound foundation with industry operational knowledge and builds on that sound base with exciting SCUBA skills set development.
Generally people with this qualification may work in fitness centres, sporting complexes, leisure, aquatic and recreation centres such as a PADI professional diving centres worldwide.
Entry requirements:There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however Scuba stream applicants must complete a dive questionnaire and pending responses, may need to undertake a Scuba dive medical.
Duration: The normal duration of this program is 9 months, however program lengths will vary to students own self-study commitment and training plan arrangements.
Delivery: The programs consists of training clusters incorporating delivery methods: self-study (online and workbooks), face to face and practical training (skills demonstration). Our course learning content and assessments have been written to facilitate and maximise an activity outcome therefore a number of our units commence and run along with the practical component.
This qualification consists of 15 units, 9 core and 3 mandatory elective units that build the fundamental knowledge plus 3 diving elective units that make your classroom the underwater world and teach you exciting diving skills in great diving locations from Cairns to the Gold Coast.
You must satisfactorily complete both your knowledge development including face to face and self-paced learning (online and distance) and skill development (activity performance with observations) components of each unit to be deemed competent for the qualification.
Plus our 3 mandatory electives
Select 1 of the following streams with 3 electives
Stream 1: Openwater diver
Stream 2: Advanced Openwater (prerequisite Openwater diver)
Stream 3: Rescue Diver (prerequisite Openwater diver)
What to do now - Get Certified, Get Qualified!
Complete the Eligibility application form on the how to enrol page. Carefully read all course related information including student handbook. Get Certified, Get Qualified and Get real experience!